Recently on CNBC, Steve Liesman shared a comparison chart that seemed to indicate we may be seeing a plateau in eCommerce shipping volumes.
Anecdotally that may be true, but I see it as the result of a deeper problem − and one that has nothing to do with the plateauing of sales.
In my experience, there is an “80/20” rule taking place for eCommerce shippers − for 80% of these shippers, order volume is indeed plateauing. But for the other 20% of eCommerce shippers, order volumes (and sales) are continuing to grow very well, year after year. (more…)